Saturday, August 3, 2013

Summer Holidays

We got our puppy on Friday a week ago. Say hello to Tosca.

Tosca 8 weeks

My stepdaughter came to us for three weeks the day after so we currently have a full house! Things are just settling into some kind of routine now and I'm starting to catch a break on moments like now, where my fiancé has taken the two older kids leaving me with the youngest and the dogs. Yes, that's called a break in my household!

Bella was very disgruntled about the dog intrusion the first two days but now she's always wanting to play with the puppy. If she's not playing, she's obsessing about our new neighbors cat as seen below.

Bella

Bella is a great dog, but oh my gosh, I hate dealing with the obsessive behavior!! She will hang in this spot for hours if she is allowed, and the cat is always jumping up and down our fence which reinforces Bella's obsession.

For some bad news, I found out yesterday that one of Bella's molars is broken. It seems pretty bad, it's split from bottom and seems to go further up than the gums. I could move the fragment before she flinched. I'm gutted not having seen it before because this is a long weekend in Iceland and I can't make a vet appointment until Tuesday at the earliest.
I have no idea when it happened or how, I'm just going to have to watch it closely for any signs of infection.

I'll try to do some puppy-spam soon but here's two more photos to begin with:

Tosca 8 weeks

Tosca 8 weeks

My 9 week puppy is already taller than Bella!

1 comment:

  1. Tosca, we are so very happy to meet you. Such a cutie you are in the photos. So happy that you joined a wonderful forever family. Thanks for sharing the great news. Have a wonderful weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete