Monday, June 11, 2012

Racedog

Yesterday afternoon, after a busy day cleaning the apartment, me and Bella went out for a bike ride. I didn't know what hit her but she was craaaaazy, running like she was late for the last meal of her life.

We went so fast that there was no time to catch us on camera. Instead we had a small photoshoot during a pitstop.

Bella_blindahlidin-11


random_hjolid-12
Mr. Bike seems a little tired.

After the pit stop I thought we would relax a little but Bella took off like a rocket and my leisurely afternoon bike tour was like a thundering race down the homestretch. Bella didn't even have time to bathe in the awe people we meet have for her shoes.

When we got back home in record time Bella's victory lap was a little lacking:


Bella_derbyover-10
Gimme a sec here!

Of all the things we conquered, the new blue shoes were the true victims of Bella's terriorism on the track:

Bella_blueshoes-9


Bella_blueshoes-8 
From riches to rags?


Afterwards, I felt I had to get to the bottom of this transformation Bella took from a terrier to a greyhound. 

Is the furry Lady a greyhound in terrier disguise??

I soon realised that while I had been cleaning the whole weekend a certain someone had been taking advantage of the iPad. I carefully peered over the edge of the sofa to oversee what Bella was looking at inbetween her naps.


Bella_lesipad-13
Ponies??

Then it suddenly dawned on me that this was Belmont weekend where Union Rags won with a photo finish! Bella had secretly been following the Triple Crown trail without letting me in on it. Sneaky little iPad stealing dog!

Union Rags's Photo Finish
AP Photo/David J. Phillip

7 comments:

  1. Run like the wind Bella! Have fun shopping for new shoes too!

    -Erik, Amanda, and Bosley
    manwomanwestie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you haz done in those shows my pals. Nuffing as tuff as terrier paws it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bella you and me both , we have Ascot coming up and I'm just getting in shape to join in. The state of those boots though!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Go Bella! Lucky she had those boots on, though, because imagine if that was her feet that recieved that beating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww Schultz needs some shoes! He gets the stickers in his paws when we walks in wooded areas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments guys!

    I'm now certain that Bella's over-eager will to run is big part of the reason for the damage, that and all the low quality sand (tiny rocks) tossed on the walking paths during winter and isn't always swept away properly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well they say us terriers can keep up with horsies out on a hunt. You need to get an advertising contract with those shoe makers.

    ReplyDelete