Monday, December 26, 2011

Magic Shrimp

I took the family to the stables this morning to feed the horses. It's only three horses currently in the stable so it's not a very time consuming job. There's a certain zen about being around feeding horses, the noise of horses munching on hay is the most soothing sound I know of.

After a lazy day watching the wind and snow outside the windows, me and Bella hit a real breakthrough in our hind leg pivot training. We had tiger shrimp for dinner and with bits and pieces left Bella was hard at work earning her bonus meal. I have been struggling to get her to just move her hind end and there was a pattern emerging the past few days. Tonight she moved without me moving and I ended the session after an almost 180 degree turn which was a solid jackpot moment for her. Sometimes a different treat can make all the difference!

3 comments:

  1. yeah the hind end training can be the hardest. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ello for you my pals. I do be Marley and I do be a border terrier too. You can find my blog at marleyandlola.blogspot.com an i be friends wiv Bodie & Mrs Magoo too. Woof

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella, we have given you a Liebster award, come on over and check it out.

    ReplyDelete