Sunday, October 2, 2011

Life and Agility

Sunday evenings are becoming my favorite time of the week. The only thing that shadows the time with my dog is the status of my hips. I'm getting so tired of this thing! If somebody told me I'd have trouble running 8 months after giving birth I probably would have reconsidered having a baby. Of course I love my son more than anything and believe he's worth this continuous pain.

After last week's agility session I was so bad that my fiancé told me to take pain killers and dug up the crutches I bought during the last weeks of my pregnancy.
Tonight I took the painkillers before the session. I'm not sure if that helped or what it is but I can still walk. I really need to start my weightlifting program to see if it helps. I also want to be able to run in my neighbourhood with Bella so I've got to figure this pain out. I'm not giving up without a fight.

Aside from my half-crippled hips the agility is so much fun. Bella is quite good at it so far. Enthusiastic and runs the courses well. The courses are getting longer and more complicated with every session. Our biggest trouble has been the table, today she started jumping on it without hesitation. Yay! Of course she suddenly unlearnt lying down on command while on the table. Oh well, one session at a time.

Bella at the end of August

No comments:

Post a Comment