Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gadgets and Exercise

Today was a glorious day, one of those fantastic early winter days that crop up once most of the fall storms have subsided. Me and Bella took a walk around a nearby lake. It's very small actually and is more like a large duck pond. It gets more shallow with every year.
This walk was somewhat of a milestone for me personally. I haven't dared walk this far for over a year now so I'm excited to see what I will be like tomorrow. The walk clocked in as 4,85km.

Now I have a GPS tracker in my phone and bought a bluetooth compatible heartrate monitor for the tracking app (Sports Tracker). I used it on my walk and later I got the idea to attempt to track my heartrate and calorie burn during mine and Bella's agility class. Surprisingly enough, I received a GPS track as well and found out that me and Bella managed to run and walk 1,45 km during the class. Below is a link to the workout on sports-tracker.com . When I zoomed in I noticed it would seem I ran through walls. It's inside a riding arena and I only tracked inside it. So there's clearly some inaccuracy in the tracking. Generally I'm very satisfied with the results.


I'm competetive by nature so having the GPS tracker and HR monitor motivates me into competing against myself and the beauty of it is that I can use so many areas to improve on. These days I'm focusing on amount of km and getting into a better shape (lowering my HR).

No comments:

Post a Comment